recent press

I haven't updated in a month, I've just been hunched over my desk working on some drawings for an upcoming artfair, so there hasn't been much worth mentioning... I thought i should give the blog some sort of update though. This might be boring as shit, but here are some recent magazines I've had work in... Oh wait, I just thought of a better update! Wait, no, I'll post the better update next time... The photos on this post are not too crisp, I took them with my camera phone, but it was a litle too dark I think...

A little bit back I was in a Spanish mag called Belio, it had like 100 illustrations in it, a lot of them were pretty sick... I didn't take a photo of my work in it though.


The next mag blew my mind, its a Brazilian teen magazine marketed towards young ladies. Its got stuff like fashion tips and photos of cute boys and horoscopes. Its cool that they have an art section though...




Here's a page from the mag to give you an idea of what it's like...


The most recent mag is from Taiwan, a publication called DPI. The woman that I was talking to from the mag was named Lulu, and she was amazing. I'd be all like: "Sorry I gave you these images 2 weeks late..." and she was all like: "It doesn't matter! Meeting artists makes my life worth living! I love everything!" I'm not making fun of her at all, she blew my mind, I imagine that going on a date with her would be like chilling out at Pee-wee's Playhouse for the afternoon... Also, I got 8 pages, I've never had that large of a spread before...










The last mag is out of Paris, its the first time I've had a cover, so that felt pretty good. They never sent me a free copy though, so I had to take a photo of me holding it in a magazine store cause it costs $30. One of my friends felt sorry for me and bought me a copy in the end... In the magazines defense, they may have sent me a copy, theres a really good chance that I sent them the wrong address...


Ok, I'll be the first to say that this entry sucks. I'm not trying to be all like: "I'm in magazines, I'm cool", but i don't know what I'm trying to be "all like." I spend almost every waking moment sitting at a desk listen to Star Wars audiobooks and I haven't had sex in months, I know I'm not cool! I guess I just needed something to post because its been a bit, and I'm not done the work for the fair yet... Oh, but tomorrow's post will be better, it will have slugs and horses n it! OK, back to my desk to draw...