Before and after

Maria has a challenge over on her blog. She said that it was okay if your area is messy because that means you are creating. How true! Although her area wasn't anything like mine, I decided to take some pics to post. Jen and I were talking about it and she said, "you know how my area looks like right? I'm gonna post it for Maria's challenge" - you go girl! Well, although I won't be doing Maria's challenge, (just because I couldn't commit to posting to her challenge daily) I thought I'd give you guys a scare (or laugh) and post a picture of what my table looked like before I cleaned it. I don't even have space for anything comforting on my table!! No wonder I get frustrated doing projects! I have such a small space to actually work in because there's too much stuff in the way!
Here's what it looks like today, a little more organized but I still have to clear it off as this is where our tree goes! We bought a small tree today and I can't wait to decorate it! This year, I've decided to change the decorations and color! We are having a red theme (a first for us with this color!) and I can't wait to decorate and show you all.
Do you ever have problems finding a home for those straggler items that just don't have a permanent home yet?? I'm struggling with that now. Wish me luck!