The first time for me

I've never used these laminate type of samples that you can pick up for free at the hardware store. I got a few pieces of these cool laminate pieces from Mary Bennett who sent me a rak from JT's Aloha Monthly Rak Club... I used Staz-on jet black ink and inked up my flourish stamp from the Baroque Motifs set. Then I used More Mustard ink for the flower. Had to add some stickles glitter and a "bling" in the middle. Finished it up using black organdy ribbon and the hole is already punched out on the sample. Pretty cool.
The designer paper, is more like cloth. Is this a sample too Mary? I've never used these materials to make a card before so it was interesting! I wanted to add a sentiment, but wasn't sure what kind of ink to use and where to stamp it, so I left it blank. I can always add it on later.

I hope you all don't mind that I share these crazy pics of my kitty, the Queen of the house...for some reason, she loves to lick the condensation off of my iced water glass. She goes crazy when she hears me fill my glass with ice and water. I have to tell her to wait because it's "not ready" yet. Wonder if she understands?? Anyway, this is what she does every night when the cup is "ready" for her licking pleasure...wierd, yeah? She can stand on her two hind legs for quite a long time and sometimes even walks a few steps. My dad is holding my glass for me so I could take the photo.

After she's all done, she took this position. Another wierd thing, but growing up with cats, my sisters and I call this position "bug". Maybe because she's round like a beetle on all fours?
Anyhoo, Happy Friday!! Another Friday is here! I'm still putting the finishing touches on my kits for Sunday's class...nine people in attendance, it's gonna be cozy :) Hope you have a wonderful day!!