Pillow Box Treat

Happy Monday! Another busy weekend! So what else is new huh! Seems like every weekend is a busy one for me.
While visiting some blogs, I came across this fabulous idea to make a cute treat holder using the pillow box die! I'm sorry I forgot where I saw it, but if you were the person who posted this, please email me and let me know so I can give you proper credit! The SU pillow box die is quite small, but perfect for small treats. My poor die has been sitting on the shelf taking a back seat to all the new dies that have been getting most of my attention so I was thrilled to find another use for this pillow box die. Here's what I made...I used adhesive to seal the seam of the box. Then I cut a small piece of DSP from the Cast-a-Spell pack #115677) around the middle section as shown. I didn't have any real sweet treats so these cute pens will have to do for this sample. I tied some 1 1/4" old olive striped grosgrain ribbon around the pens and used this sentiment from the Grateful Greetings set. I think it would be really fun to use some pixie sticks or a skinny candy bar for the treat. I guess I'll be looking for some fun treats so I can make more of these pillow box treats. Here's a closer look of the image and of the pillow box itself. Can you see it?? I took away the treats so you can see the box). I accented the ghost using my bashful blue marker and then I used my markers and blender pen to color the background. This ghost image came from the background stamp called All Hallow's Eve (#113264) and I inked up only the ghost. I punched this ghost image out using my curly label punch.
I hope your Monday is a good one! Hopefully, I'll be able to post more fun projects this week. Still working on my kits for this weekend's classes! Thanks for stopping by today!