The Blessings of Sharing

If someone asked me if I got everything I wanted for Christmas, I'd shout, "Yes!" With the kindness and generosity of over 30 women, we were able to bless the women and children of Ka 'Ohu Hou O Manoa on December 21st. We met five of the six women and their children, bearing wishes and gifts for all of them. Yes, we were able to fulfill the dreams and all of their wishes! Here's a photo that we took with Debbi Ross, Resident Manager of the home. (Due to privacy, we refrained from photographing the families). Joining our evening of wish making, Wini, my son - Nolan, Linda and Brenda (and her beautiful family). Being there among the women and children gave me such a wonderful feeling that I can't describe to you. Just knowing that we can make a difference in the lives of others, people that we call strangers, are now our friends.A huge Mahalo (thank you) to all of you who filled my mailbox with cards and envelopes and postage stamps to share with the families. We were able to collect 110 beautiful cards! I mailed the box ahead of time, so that they would be able to enjoy them and send cards to their family and friends. The women LOVED them all and were so amazed at how these beautiful works of art were theirs to use.
I couldn't have done it by myself and so I thank all of you for your love, support and generosity to help me make the lives of others blessed this Christmas!
As a side note, besides organizing the January 2010 one card swap, I will not be posting on a regular basis. In the weeks to come, I will be focusing all of my energy on a family matter. I just want all of you to know that I am so lucky to have all of you in my lives and I do appreciate your faithful reading, regardless if you post a comment or not. I know you are out there! I will resume my posting when I can and hope that you will come back to support my posting once I'm able to post on a regular basis again. Again, thank you for being you!