Little C's Weekly Challenge #6

Here's the sketch for Little C's Weekly Challenge #6. This sketch was taken from the August/September issue of Paper Crafts magazine. I gotta confess, I went to the bookstore today to take a peek at the samples that was made using this sketch because I was kind of stumped. Here's what I came up with...
My card turned out to be a 5 1/2" X 5 1/2" square for the base (Tempting Turquoise) and then I used a 5 1/4" X 5 1/4" square layer (chocolate chip). The flower image is one that I never inked up and bought from Little C's store a while back. Not sure if there are any left, but I love this set! It's called Doodle Bloom (a clear stamp set). I cut the flower out after I colored with my copic markers, glittered the center of the flower with my dazzling diamonds. For the sentiment, I used the main word "Wonderful" from SU's set called Wonderful Favorites.
In the lower right circle, I stamped the word "Friend" also from the Wonderful Favorites stamp set. I used my white gel pen to make dots around the circles just to add some interest. A simple and fun card to make. It took me a while to get this card going, so I guess it was really a challenge for me!
I can't wait to see what the other DT girls put together for this sketch. I'll be checking them out and you can too!

Yesterday was such an exhausting day. I spent the whole day out of the house as we left at 6:00 AM to head to the hospital to take Dad in for his surgery. While Dad was having his surgery, my sister, Cara, and I had the most wonderful sister time having coffee and scones and catching up on sisterly things (sorry Cheryl, too bad you had to work!). I always get good advice from Cara as she is an expert in sharing her much valued opinions with me. After coffee, we browsed Pearlridge (shopping center) while we waited for the call from the hospital. Dad's surgery was a success, but because of some discomfort, they decided to keep him overnight for some observations. Thank you to all of you who left me comforting messages, it means alot to me and Dad.
I was a good girl the other night and finished my thank you cards...so I'll be writing my notes and sending them out by the end of the week! I just love the new scallop punch... Thanks for checking out my sketch challenge today!
Hugs,
Teri (hey! what happened to my siggy??)