Scallop Square Swing Card

I had such good intentions of posting this card yesterday but ran out of time. Seems like that's been the latest "trend" in my life...running out of time! I've had this scallop square die on my table for the last week and wanted to make a card with it. Also toying with the idea of making a mini book with it too. I took the easy out and made the card - LOL! Cutting two scallop squares and holding it together with a rhinestone brad at the upper left corner makes it a "swing" card. To open the card, you swing the cover to the left.

I knew I wanted to make the base of my card pink so I cut the squares out in pretty in pink. I was so happy to find this nice piece of DP in my scraps. I liked how the design just worked right in to my card. This DP is from a set called Kaleidoscope and is still available in the IBC. I framed the DP with old olive and again used some Sweet Pea felt flowers.
You must be wondering why I'm in a felt flower kick?? Yup! I am leading up to something...if I'm able to get all of the flowers in on time, this will be part of my April class. We will be making cards and hmmm, maybe that box that I swore I would never make again! If not that box, we will be making some 3D project and embellishing it with the Sweet Pea felt flowers. Excited? I am!
Here's what the inside looks like. I love my small heart punch! This punch is available in the occasions mini catalog. I used the ticket corner punch on my whisper white CS.
Here's a little closer look at the card in action.
Thanks for stopping in today! I am enjoying myself reading all of your fabulous comments that you are leaving on my blog candy post. It's nice to finally "meet" some of you who were too shy to comment before. Just wanted to shout a THANKS to all of you who are participating!