A Birthday Card for Rita

Thanks for all of your well wishes for Dad. It's just scary because we don't know what each day will bring, but we have learned that we will take it one day at a time and we will live each day to the fullest!
Before I left for my vacation, I really lost my mojo...I wanted to create so bad, but just couldn't bring myself to do it! The night before I left, I forced myself to make a birthday card for Rita since we were going to meet up. Here's what I ended up making. I was excited to use this embossing folder that I just ordered from SU. It's not a new folder, but I recently used it at Cindy's Hana Hou event and loved it! I wonder why I never ordered it?? I used a sponge to add some color and added some bling in the center of the flowers. Image is by TGF that I've been wanting to ink up for a while now. The sentiment, Wishes, is from my favorite stamp set called Fundamental Phrases. Punches used - scallop oval, large oval and small heart.
Here's a close up.
And here's the inside of the card. I used a MS punch for the edges. Sentiment is from a retired SU set.
I haven't gone back to work yet. Today, a PT came over to check Dad out to make sure that he is stable and to show us some exercises to strengthen his legs. It's comforting to know that he's in good hands. It's the weekend for me even though it's a Thursday. Furlough Friday tomorrow...enjoy the long weekend if you are on furlough tomorrow!