Bloggers Connect!

Hello blogland! Sorry that I was not able to post for the last week. Before I share some fun and exciting photos from my vacation, I wanted to say that I had a whole line up of posts but wasn't able to finalize the posting before I left for my vacation to Vegas with my sister and BIL. The morning of the day I was leaving, I noticed that my Dad was not behaving normally. He wasn't answering my questions and just stared at me with that "blank look". I was looking at him and it looked like his mouth was a little droopy and when he spoke to me, there was a slight slurr to it. The thought crossed my mind, but I was in disbelief to think that maybe he suffered a stroke? When my sister came to pick me up to go to the airport, we tried to hug Dad to say goodbye, but he refused. He was very honory and said No to everything we offered him. Eric finally convinced Dad that he needed to go to get checked out. Hours later, when we arrived in LV we got the phone call with the news that Dad did suffer a small stroke. Test after test and a few days later, Dad was released from the hospital. The miracle of this is that Dad can still walk, talk, function pretty normally except every once in a while, he gives us the blank stare or just cannot remember. That's the part of the brain that the stroke affected. Still, I am so thankful that we still have him here with us, although anything can happen in the days ahead. We are still meeting with PT's and appointments with a surgical team to determine if Dad is a candidate for surgery. Thanks for being patient with me and reading the above...on to something fun.
The last week, my sister and brother-in-law treated me to a trip to Las Vegas. The last time I was in Vegas, was for a Stampin' Up! Convention! This vacation was just for some R&R and I was thrilled to find out that one of my blogger friends all the way from Massachusetts was going to be in Vegas the same time as me! Rita and I became friends about three years ago through blogland! Can you believe that? Rita's blog is called Rita's Little Corner...please pop on over to show her some Aloha! Since Rita and Dan were staying at the beautiful Palazzo Hotel on the strip, we drove over to meet her. We stayed at the Main Street Station downtown. Here's a photo of the beautiful Palazzo!Here's a photo of me and Rita. We met in the lobby, it was beautiful!
Here we are in the hotel restaurant eating some very yummy but sinful dessert...
We walked around the hotel. This hotel is connected to the Venetian.
Look at all the yummy sorbet
It was so nice to walk around to see all of the fancy shops!
Me and my sister, Cheryl.
It was so nice to finally meet one of my blogging friends. I can't wait for you to visit us here in Hawaii Rita!! We will definately get together to craft!
I'll have more photos to share with you...more photos from Vegas and a couple of cards I made for Rita.
Thanks for sticking with me through a week on no posts!! Thanks to those who emailed me to check up on me! Love you guys!